A church is not a building, but a people. Let us introduce ourselves – we are…
People who listen
People who care
People who praise
People who believe
The great truths of the Christian faith are very precious to us. In particular, we believe:
- The Bible is God’s own word, and a sure and certain guide for life and eternity.
- That God loved the world and gave his only Son to be its Saviour.
- That Jesus died and rose again, and will return in great power and glory at the end of the world.
- That men and women may have a real and living relationship with God through faith in Jesus.
- That the Holy Spirit has power to change those that trust in Jesus Christ, giving them a new start – a clean record and a life worth living.
People with purpose
We are a people with real purpose in our lives. We enjoy life because we have been given new life in Jesus Christ, and know God in a personal way. Our aim is to please God and serve him. We try to show God’s love and care to those around us in a variety of ways – not least, in trying to introduce them to a relationship with God too!
We want to share with people of all ages the good news of Jesus Christ.
Moordown Baptist Church is not an exclusive club; all are welcome to come, whatever age. Children and young people are well catered for, too. From toddler groups and creche facilities through to action packed youth programmes on Sunday and Friday. We aim to provide your child with a healthy balance of physical activities (games, quizzes and craft) and structured Bible teaching (stories, studies and memory verses). Providing nurture for body, mind and soul.